In 1991, more than twenty years after its creation, the couture-house KENZO becomes so successful that it creates KENZO Logistics in order to expand in good conditions. In 1992, 80 people move to the Montbazon site near Tour.
THE BEAUTIFUL LVMH ADVENTURE
In 1993, KENZO is integrated to the LVMH group; new opportunities then arise for the company that will propose its know-how to numerous other brands in the group (Céline, Lacroix, Givenchy…). In 2000, Kenzo Logistics becomes KAMI. In 2001 Kami creates the uniform department dedicated to the brands of the group. LVMH, Sephora, and Louis Vuitton are some of Kami’s first clients.
THE ROAD TO INDEPENDENCE
In the beginning of 2008, Kami left the group LVMH. Kami left LVMH in the beginning of 2008. Know amongst professionals for its expertise, and possessing a well-run production tool, Kami chose take the road to development and independence.
OUR ENVIRONMENTAL APPROACH
Launch in 2009 of KAMI ORGANIC (women RTW using organic or recycled fabrics). In 2010 Kami obtains the ISO 14001:2004 certification (SGS FR10/0619EN).
To this day, the company is constituted of teams of professionals divided in 2 departments:
- The development of exclusive styles for RTW brands
- The development of uniforms.
The head quarters are in Montbazon in the Touraine region, with the buying, quality, administration and logistics departments for Europe. The research department, product managers and business developers are in the centre of Paris. There is a subsidiary office in Shanghai for production and logistics.
- UP to 5 levels of control per production
- 12 countries of production to this day (France, China, Mauritius, India, Italy, Madagascar, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Tunisia, Turkey)
- More than 150 classified suppliers
- 900 000 delivered articles in 2007
- All types of products: warp and weft, knitting, jersey, leather, fur.